Teacher Intern Program Application Checklist
- A transcript that shows your baccalaureate (or higher) degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Transcript that shows successful completion of a US Constitution course (depending on the evaluation of the transcript, you may have to submit the course syllabus) OR schedule with us for the US Constitution exam*
- Completion of Basic Skills Requirement (multiple pathways)*
- Completion of Subject Area Competency (multiple pathways)*
- Completion of Reading Instruction Competency (multiple pathways)*
- A resume that details your degrees, work experience, experience working with children, and professional learning
- 3 letters of recommendation who can speak to your knowledge, skills, and potential as a teacher in a diverse school setting
- Complete your responses to application questions, including naming the partner school where you have been hired, and completely answering the essay prompt
- Complete CTC form 41-4
- Evidence of Livescan receipt
Note: There are multiple pathways to meet these requirements and possible conditional acceptance as you work to meet them. New Hope Teacher Alliance is committed to supporting you in meeting these requirements. Please reach out to our office for support.
Partner School Verification
In order to participate in the Teacher Intern Program, you must have been hired as a teacher intern at New Hope Charter School or one of NHCS's partner schools or a school that is willing to enter into the partnership agreement. The partner school must verify on form CL-707A that their district intern will be assisted and guided throughout the training period by a certificated employee who has been designated per California Education Code Section 44830.3(a)
You will need to submit form CL-707A as part of your enrollment.